Here’s some figures relating to a play that not many people are familiar with.
Analysed by our own Leon Sorkin here at The Pinstripe Club, they make encouraging reading:
- Best year for Scotch exports since 2013;
- Growth of 3.3% in value and 4.1% in volume;
- Year-on-year growth in each quarter – first time this decade;
- Single malts exports top £1bn for the first time;
- Weak Pound post-Brexit helped grow exports in second half of 2016.
- Exports from the UK account for around 93% of all sales of Scotch. So it is great to see this steady improvement in global shipments.
Whilst encouraging, you should bare in mind that this type of play should be viewed as an 8-10 year plan.
The Pinstripe and Bowler Club shares information with MF Solutions Ltd.